[Kdenlive-devel] xorg.conf / S3 Prosavage8

Ronald Teune rtwolf at gmx.net
Fri Sep 1 21:28:22 UTC 2006

Hi all,

Today I received my new graphics 'card', a Sweex USB VGA thingy (sisusb
driver). It worked within ten minutes on Ubuntu Dapper, great. It doesn't
support overlay, which means video playback is stuttery. But: kdenlive shows
video! So, on my second monitor, I have a somewhat workable situation.
Perhaps it has something to do with my video card then? Or with my X settings?
(even though all other video players except for file-browser-video-preview in
kdenlive work fine AFAIK) I tried disabling DRI, because I heard it could
give problems, but I guess that's only true for 3D stuff. A part of my
xorg.conf:

Section "Module"
        Load    "i2c"
        Load    "bitmap"
        Load    "ddc"
#        Load    "GLCore" # (this doesn't load: not found)
        Load    "dri"
        Load    "extmod"
        Load    "freetype"
        Load    "glx"
        Load    "int10"
        Load    "type1"
        Load    "vbe"
EndSection

# (...)

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

# A screen depth of 16 bit or 24 bit doesn't make a difference.

Thanks in advance,

Ronald