[Kdenlive-devel] now, it's work.... but i've got some others questions...

jb jb at ader.ch
Thu Mar 30 15:18:37 UTC 2006

> - when I've got two video track, which is viewed ?  (the upper or the
> downer track ?)

The lower tracks appear on top. I plan to change that so that upper tracks
display on top of the lower tracks, which would feel much more natural I
think.

> - why kdenlive don't is include in konstruct or the orther package ? (by
> this way, it will have more users and more bug repport...)

That's a good idea, but it is currently a bit too early for bug reports, I
want to concentrate on the basic funtionnalities for a few more weeks...
Before releasing kdenlive for wider testing, I would like to have those 4
things fixed:

* reverse track order so that upper tracks appear in front of lower tracks
* finish basic picture in picture transition
* export your project to a dv file or mpeg file
* timeline cursor should move while playing

> - How can I help to improve kdenlive ? (I speak esperanto very nice,
> perhaps, it will be interresting to translate it ?)

Yes, when all the mentionned features are done, I plan to make some
announcement and ask help for translations, graphics, coding so that we can
make the project much more alive. Please wait a few more weeks before
starting a translation since there may be some changes...

> - is it possible to produce SWF movies ? (flash inside)
There is currently no export in kdenlive. This will be done through MLT which
uses FFMPEG. I know that FFMPEG has a flash flv encoder, but not sure if it
works well... But basically we should be able to export to any format that
can be produced by FFMPEG

> - can I ask my problem in french (seem that most of the people here can
> read french...)

It's ok for me but your questions and the answers may also be usefull for
people who don't speak french, so whenever it's possible, please use english.

regards
Jean-Baptiste