[Kdenlive-devel] dependencies

jb jb at ader.ch
Mon Mar 20 11:22:25 UTC 2006

Hello.

> notice that the dependencies quoted as "highly recommended"
> on the download page should be said mandatory because it's
> impossible to load a video clip without them.

Right, I will update this...

> we need also to add libquicktime-devel that don't seem to be
> quoted on the page (or I don't see it).

I don't think we make use of it (from what I remember, neither ffmpeg
nor mlt make use of libquicktime). Maybe this is a SuSE specific
issue.... Anybody correct me if this is wrong...

> I started a (very preliminary) page about video editing on
> the fr.opensuse.org wiki
> http://fr.opensuse.org/Édition_video_avec_SUSE_Linux#Kdenlive

Nice. Glad to see that the download instructions are actually useful
(by the way I just fixed kdenlive so that it now correctly installs a
shortcut in the menus).

> as I need semi-professional video editing capability and I'm
>  upset to work on Windows, I will follow your work with much
> interest

I started to work on Kdenlive for exactly the same reason. My goal is to
make a basic functional release quite soon, and make some noise about it
so that we can attract more developpers / graphic artists / etc in the
project for future developpements.