[Kdenlive-devel] dependencies

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Mon Mar 20 08:05:12 UTC 2006

notice that the dependencies quoted as "highly recommended"
on the download page should be said mandatory because it's
impossible to load a video clip without them.

we need also to add libquicktime-devel that don't seem to be
quoted on the page (or I don't see it).

with this the program runs and seems very promising. The
points I notice immediatly was the ease of cutting/ joining
clips, the multi-timeline thing.

and note that I can't use Kino for editing because it's not
able to run the videos at a reasonable pace on my PC (ok for
capture), but kdenlive do this without problem.

I started a (very preliminary) page about video editing on
the fr.opensuse.org wiki

http://fr.opensuse.org/Édition_video_avec_SUSE_Linux#Kdenlive

as I need semi-professional video editing capability and I'm
 upset to work on Windows, I will follow your work with much
interest

thanks a lot
jdd
--