[Kdenlive-devel] Re: ieee1394 (firewire) support in mlt

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Jan 13 11:15:00 UTC 2006

Hello.

I don't really understand the details of MLT's architecture, but
wouldn't it be possible to write an MLT consumer for libiec61883
(http://www.linux1394.org/) ?

If not possible, and unless someone on this list feels ready to improve
the ffmpeg/avformat dv support as Dan suggested, we should probably use
libiec61883 from kdenlive for firewire export and import. The library
has some nice examples showing how to do this...

Of course, an MLT solution would be better since it's the only way we
could get firewire preview...

regards

Jean-Baptiste