[Kdenlive-devel] Re: Development news... Questions

Ruslan Popov rpopov at jet.msk.su
Thu Feb 9 07:06:55 UTC 2006

Hello, jb.

After reading the roadmap I have three questions:
1) About "Export to various formats (at least dv avi and mpeg)".
    What does it need to do to implement export to DV? Do I have to work on KRender?
2) Will Kdenlive to support the import of Kino's project?
    I think Kino is a good tool to make keyframe editions.
3) Can you describe what does it need to do to support more transitions and effects?

jb wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Some updated infos on the cvs version of kdenlive:
>
> Titles:
> I just commited the code to add text clips. You can create and edit them,
> choose font, color and add rectangles.
>
> Transitions:
> You can now add transitions between clips. For the moment, only automatic
> crossfade is implemented. You can simply add a transition by selecting a clip
> and Shift-clicking the second clip. Repeat operation to remove the
> transition. (Currently, transitions are not saved)
>
> Thumbnails:
> I improved the video thumbnails code so that you now have one start and one
> end thumbnail for each clip. The thumbnails update when you crop the clip
>
> Screenshot:
> You can see a screenshot with all these improvements displayed at:
> http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html
>
> Wiki:
> I set up 2 small wiki pages (including a proposal for a roadmap) at:
> http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=kdenlive
> Feel free to update/change the infos if you want.
>
> Hope that some other developpers will have time so that we can make a 0.3
> release in a few month's time.
>
> Regards
>
> Jean-Baptiste

Thank you for your great work!