[Kdenlive-devel] Developpment news...

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Feb 8 22:08:36 UTC 2006

Hello everyone.

Some updated infos on the cvs version of kdenlive:

Titles:
I just commited the code to add text clips. You can create and edit them,
choose font, color and add rectangles.

Transitions:
You can now add transitions between clips. For the moment, only automatic
crossfade is implemented. You can simply add a transition by selecting a clip
and Shift-clicking the second clip. Repeat operation to remove the
transition. (Currently, transitions are not saved)

Thumbnails:
I improved the video thumbnails code so that you now have one start and one
end thumbnail for each clip. The thumbnails update when you crop the clip

Screenshot:
You can see a screenshot with all these improvements displayed at:
http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

Wiki:
I set up 2 small wiki pages (including a proposal for a roadmap) at:
http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=kdenlive
Feel free to update/change the infos if you want.

Hope that some other developpers will have time so that we can make a 0.3
release in a few month's time.

Regards

Jean-Baptiste