[Kdenlive-devel] different gui appearence

jwdl17153 at blueyonder.co.uk jwdl17153 at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:56:31 UTC 2005

> hi,
>
> nice to know that kdenlive is alive again! :-)
>

> just for the record - some things I noticed so far on cvs:
>
> when starting kdenlive the gui looks quite different on different
> distros.
>
> this is how it looks like on suse 9.3:
> www.groovision.de/kdenlive/kdenlive_mkd10.1.jpg
>
> and on mandrake 10.1 it looks like this:
> www.groovision.de/kdenlive/kdenlive_suse93.jpg

The suse distro is showing the cvs version of Kdenlive, The mandrake image
is of a previous version.

I know this because the workspace monitor is currently disabled in the cvs
version due to the changeover to MLT :-) And also, video thumbnails only
appeared in CVS recently.

> so, as you might notice at first sight, there is no "workspace monitor"
> on suse.
>
> also the effect list is empty on suse whereas some effects are available
> on mandrake.
>

> btw - on suse this is the first installation whereas kdenlive on
> mandrake was previously installed.
>
> compilation was done by:
> ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && make install

My suspicion is that, on mandrake at least, you need to do :

./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

for the configuration options.

Do a make uninstall, do the new configure, and try reinstalling.

I am a bit puzzled why the clip monitor is free-floating in suse, that
should be sitting next to the project list like it does in the mandrake
view.

Cheers,
Jason