[Kdenlive-devel] Helping the project...

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Oct 26 09:34:21 UTC 2005

Hello everyone.

Just a quick word to say I am really excited to see kdenlive
developpement starting again.
I don't have enough time or knowledge to work on kdenlive's core, but if
you still need some help, I could work for example on a settings dialog
or something similar.

It also would be nice to have some kind of roadmap/feature list
(eventually listing who develops which features, and which features are
up for adoption), either on the kdenlive website, or even better on a
wiki page (If you need it, I could set up one for kdenlive on KDE's wiki
(http://wiki.kde.org/).

Let me know if this seems useful to you, otherwise I will just keep
watching the developement going on :)

By the way, on my system, if my video files have a .dv extension,
kdenlive works fine, but if I rename them with a .avi extension, it
crashes kdenlive in the way recently described by Ruslan Popov. I think
it is related to mlt, since fireswamp (mtl's video player) can play them
with the .dv extension, but cannot play the same file with .avi extension.

Jean-Baptiste