[Kdenlive-devel] Agreement requested...

jb jb at ader.ch
Fri Nov 25 15:17:00 UTC 2005

Hello again.

I've been checking kdenlive's source code & would like to make a few
general changes. I want to make sure it's ok for everyone, so here are
the proposed changes:

* Compiler flags: I would like to add the following to configure.in.in
CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $KDE_DEFAULT_CXXFLAGS"

This seems to be quite standard on most KDE projects, and it also
reveals a lot of i18n wrong usages in kdenlive's code.

* Time format:
Currently, all timecodes are internally exchanged using the GenTime
format which is a time in seconds (currently a double number). It then
has to be converted in frames since mlt's positionning is done in
frames. There is currently an error in the conversion schemes which
results in the main timeline and the clip monitor not being completely
synchronised (there is often a 1 frame difference).
This could probably be fixed, but my proposition would be to change
GenTime so that it would be a time in frames (meaning an integer
number). It would make most internal communication much more
straightforward.

Is there any reason why we should not do this, or is it ok if I change it ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Jean-Baptiste