[Kdenlive-devel] some news...

jb jb at ader.ch
Wed Nov 23 11:40:44 UTC 2005

Hello everyone.

I have started to commit some stuff on kdenlive's cvs.

I rewrote the settings dialog to put some basic features.
I also changed the code so that kdenlive now recognizes if a clip/track
is audio or video.

I am doing my best to understand the current kdenlive's framework & hope
my commits are ok. If everything goes well, I think it should be
possible to make kdenlive usable in a relatively short time.

I am currently working on the following:

* video clips should only be droppable on video tracks, audio clips on
audio tracks.
* make tracks "collapsable" (a small button next to the track label
would minimize or expand the track
* some small fixes to the clip monitor

I have created a wiki page to reflect Kdenlive's current state and which
features are working / in progress / to be done.

You can add your stuff / ideas in it. Please let me know if you are
planning to work on some of the features or add yourself to the wiki page:

http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=kdenlive

PS: I also have made some successfull tests with libiec61883
(http://www.linux1394.org/), wich I think is really nice for
import/export to a firewire DV device.

Greetings,

Jean-Baptiste