[Kdenlive-devel] Agreement requested...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Nov 25 18:56:44 UTC 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 15:17, jb wrote:
> Hello again.
>
> I've been checking kdenlive's source code & would like to make a few
> general changes. I want to make sure it's ok for everyone, so here are
> the proposed changes:
>
> * Compiler flags: I would like to add the following to configure.in.in
> CXXFLAGS="$CXXFLAGS $KDE_DEFAULT_CXXFLAGS"

If it works, the fine, commit.

> * Time format:
> Currently, all timecodes are internally exchanged using the GenTime
> format which is a time in seconds (currently a double number). It then
> has to be converted in frames since mlt's positionning is done in
> frames. There is currently an error in the conversion schemes which
> results in the main timeline and the clip monitor not being completely
> synchronised (there is often a 1 frame difference).
> This could probably be fixed, but my proposition would be to change
> GenTime so that it would be a time in frames (meaning an integer
> number). It would make most internal communication much more
> straightforward.
>
> Is there any reason why we should not do this, or is it ok if I change it ?

My main reason for GenTime being a floating point value was that I was unsure
whether kdenlive would ever get around to supporting videos of different fps
on the same timeline.

I think that (for the moment) it is probably safe to assume a consistent fps
across the entire project; and since the change will be completely internal
to GenTime, it could be reverted to floating point if it turns out to be
problematic later, so I'm fine with it happening.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood