[Kdenlive-devel] Scene detection

Ruslan Popov rpopov at jet.msk.su
Thu Oct 7 11:14:00 UTC 2004

Ok, I'll try to use libavcodec.

What's with scene detection? Does Kdenlive work with it?

Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Jeudi 7 Octobre 2004 12:22, jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk a écrit :
>
>>The code for dealing with video formats is in piave, ask Rolf for specific
>>directions on where to find it :-)
>

> ffmpeg cvs version can handle DV and mpeg-4 quite nicely (0.48 and 0.49-pre1
> are broken). Here is my daily ffmpeg compilation script:
>
> cvs update -C -P -d
> make clean
> ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-shared --enable-mp3lame --enable-vorbis
> --enable-faad --enable-faac --enable-gpl --enable-pthreads --enable-xvid
> --enable-a52 --enable-pp --enable-dts
> make
>
> To compile, you will need a bunch of libraries available from the Debian
> Marillat repository.
>
> Then, you can use ffmpeg or its libavcodec to recode virtually any format on
> the fly. I would be nice to be able to handle any format in Piave. But here
> again is the "leak" in Kdenlive, as we have to wait for Piave, which is
> released only once a year.
>
> On the other side, Kdenlive GUI and its many windows opening like pop-ups is
> broken. So, even hackers like us, begin to loose confidence in the ability to
> coordinate both projects.
>
> If others agree, my proposal is:
>
> - Jason fixes or removes poping-up windows under KDE 3.2 and tries to fix
> other bugs (without adding features).
>
> - Ruslan adds libavcodec support in Piave. As libavcodec usage is fairly
> simple, this must be doable, but I never studied the question. Do you think
> it is hard to do Jason?
>
> - Jean-Michel creates an autogen.sh script and commits debian and RPM
> compilation scripts to CVS. The idea is to release binaries to attract
> developers.
>
> After a week or so of work, we may be able to release something functional and
> discuss further. What do you think?
>
> Kind regards,
> Jean-Michel

P.S. Please, send replies about MailBoss or Dozor
      to Dozor-Support <dozor-support at jet.msk.su>
      Thank you.

            _/               Ruslan Popov
          _/  _/  _/  _/     Engineer
         _/ _/_/_/_/ _/_/    Mobile: +7 (916) 926-12-05
        _/ _/       _/       Office: +7 (095) 411-76-01
    _/_/   _/_/_/  _/        E-mail: rpopov at jet.msk.su
     Infosystems   _/_/      Moscow, Russia