[Kdenlive-devel] Scene detection

Jean-Michel POURE jm at poure.com
Thu Oct 7 11:46:36 UTC 2004

> Ok, I'll try to use libavcodec.

Cool, I checked-out piave from CVS and began to read the code. It was not
updated for 6 months or so. Technically, the project may be dead.

Reading the source code, it seems that libavcodec was planned being added. You
can find a beginning of ffmpeg class in the plug-in directory:

plugins/iostream/ffmpeg

I was not able to determine whether ffmpeg was planning to be used for output
or both input/output. The ffmpeg code is very partial .

On my side, I will contribute a Debian packaging script for PIAVE, so that we
can monitor changes and install Piave. Do you run a Debian SID station?

> What's with scene detection? Does Kdenlive work with it?

I don't know. Ask Jason, he is the hero working on his own with virtually no
help.

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel