[Kdenlive-devel] snapshots

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 22:12:10 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 19:44, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2004 15:04, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Cool, is this using cvs head of Kdenlive? If so, please commit the
> > changes so I can take a look and provide a new piave tarball ;-)
>
> Oh no!  I won't commit this to kdenlive ;-) It is just a ugly hack. I just
> modified piave to make a snapshot to "/tmp/piave-snap.bmp" everytime
> kdenlive asks for a clip and added a QPixmap to the trackviewnamedecorator.
> I couldn't figure out which class actually draws the grey rectangle beneath
> the track name. That's a hell of a lot of collaborating classes!  While
> writing this, I reallize it might have been the
> trackviewbackgrounddecorator?

There was something of a class explosion in Kdenlive when I started
refactoring the timeline to get it to do what I wanted, and using decorators
didn't help quite as much as I hoped :-)

Using the current timeline architecture you would actually create a new class
called (for example) trackviewthumbnaildecorator, which would handle the
display of video thumbnails. Decorators stack on top of each other to form
the complete image (and I used a decorator pattern for functionality as well.
It's much more flexible now, but goddamn there are a lot of classes ;-))

> Actually I wanted to add a picture of the clip's first frame to the project
> list tab in from of the clip's name, but I'm not sure the Qt class you are
> using there can handle pixmaps.

I think it can but I would need to look.

> Anyway, I will commit the changes to piave HEAD. These commit will also
> include the VEML changes we discussed and thus break communication.

Will it actually break communication? I think Kdenlive should just ignore any
incoming VEML commands that it does not understand.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood