[Kdenlive-devel] snapshots

Rolf Dubitzky Dubitzky at physi.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Mar 24 02:31:01 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 22:12, Jason Wood wrote:
> There was something of a class explosion in Kdenlive when I started
> refactoring the timeline to get it to do what I wanted, and using
> decorators didn't help quite as much as I hoped :-)

well, I gues you need to make trade off between too many and to few classes.
If you plan to keep the code the way it is, you probably need to provide a
few lines of documentation for new coders to get started and find their way
through this.

> I think it can but I would need to look.

cool. If you give me some tips which calsses to use and modify I can start and
implement it in kdenlive. I'd like to play around with Qt a bit.

> Will it actually break communication? I think Kdenlive should just ignore
> any incoming VEML commands that it does not understand.

I think, I was not aware that you already implemented the <par> <seq> tags in
the kdenlive HEAD. Whatever, I'll commit this stuff the next days (need to
clean up a bit).

Cheers, Rolf

--
contacts: http://www.physi.uni-heidelberg.de/~dubitzky