[Kdenlive-devel] testing pgrab

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Wed Sep 17 09:31:17 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 15.09.03 13:45:40:
> BTW, did I mention that pgrab is in the CVS HEAD? You can use it to capture DV
> from your DV-Cam if it's supported by avc1395.

Ok, I've tested it, but had to run pgrab as root, otherwise I get this error:

avccontroller.cc:75 INFO: AVCController::AVCController()
avccontroller.cc:84 WARNING: couldn't get raw1394 handle
avstream.cc:63 INFO:  _deliveredFrames=0
caught std exception: raw1394 system error
[booker at linux piave]$

But maybe this is a general problem on my machine, because I had to run kino also as root to be able to grab using the IEEE1394 interface.

So when running pgrab as root everything seems to work fine, but there is no captured file in the directory I've specified (please look shell output below).

Did I missed something?

Ooohhh, right now, as I copied the output below, I took notice of this line:

avstream.cc:69 INFO:  _recievedFrames=0

Is this the answer to my problem?

greetings
Reinhard

[root at linux booker]# ~booker/cvs/piave/utils/pgrab -v
/mnt/grab80/capture/kdenlive/pgrabtest.dv
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libinvert.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InvertFilterPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libalphablend.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=AlphaBlendPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libtextmaster.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=TextMasterPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/effects/libimage.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=ColorStillPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/librawdvstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=LibDVDecoderPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=LibDVEncoderPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InRawDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OutRawDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libsdlstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=SDLStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libossstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OssPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libavistream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=InAviDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=OutAviDVStreamPlugin
pluginmgr.cc:78 INFO: opened dll:
/usr/local/lib/piave/plugins/iostream/libartsstream.so
pluginmgr.cc:90 INFO:    Register plugin  pluginName=ArtsPlugin
avistream.cc:731 INFO: opened avi dv file "../capture.dv" for writing.
avccontroller.cc:75 INFO: AVCController::AVCController()
avccontroller.cc:89 INFO:  _nports=1
avccontroller.cc:93 INFO: Port #0 nodes=2 name="ohci1394"
avccontroller.cc:145 INFO:  nnodes=2
avccontroller.cc:158 INFO:  avc_node=-1
avccontroller.cc:189 INFO: Found node: Linux OHCI-1394  type=unknown
avccontroller.cc:189 INFO: Found node: Hollywood Dazzle*, Inc.  type=AVC
(subtype=VCR)
avccontroller.cc:193 INFO:  avc_node=1
pgrab.cc:237 INFO: Starting controller
(h)elp -- (e)xit -- stat(u)s -- (t)imecode -- (c)apture -- st(o)p capture
(p)lay -- (P)lay slow -- (r)everse -- (R)everse slow -- (s)top
(f)orward -- re(w)ind -- p(a)use -- (n)ext -- (q) previous
IEEE1394IO.cc:370 INFO: start capture
>libdv_codec.cc:386 INFO: init decoder
libdv_codec.cc:460 INFO: initialize decoder ok
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match
avistream.cc:749 WARNING: FIXME check format of RawVBuf and see if we match

IEEE1394IO.cc:392 INFO: stop capture
../../../libpiave/avstream.hh:215 INFO: ~OutAVFStream
avstream.cc:69 INFO:  _recievedFrames=0
avstream.cc:132 INFO: closing
[root at linux booker]#