[Kdenlive-devel] Preliminary snap marker support committed

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 03:41:32 UTC 2003

It works, but is not yet feature-complete. In particular, you cannot delete a
marker once you have placed it (although you can Ctrl-Z to undo placement of
the marker).

Basically, you can :

1. Select the "marker" tool
2. click on a clip to place a marker.
3. After going back to the move tool, dragging clips around will snap to the
markers as well as to the edges of clips, etc. Most importantly, markers will
snap to other markers.

What still needs to be done :

1. being able to delete markers (I am thinking Ctrl-clicking on them with the
marker tool, and a "clear all markers" option in the menu somewhere.

2. Accurate positioning of markers - I think that a new action in the menu is
needed to place a marker at the current seek position.

3. Markers on the timeline itself, and markers in the clip monitor. I think
that setting markers via the clip monitor would be an intuitive way to set
them (perhaps making obsolete the marker tool that I have semi-implemented?)

Is there anything else you can think of? Please have a play around with what
is there and let me know what you think, how else it could be better, etc.

Oh yes, I have added a context menu to the timeline. Now all I need is
suggestions as to which actions should be on the timeline context menu - at
the moment, it is almost straight copy of the timeline menu, but that can be
easily changed.

Cheers,
Jason

--