[Kdenlive-devel] Preliminary snap marker support committed

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 15:39:43 UTC 2003

On Sunday 30 Nov 2003 8:50 am, booker wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. November 2003 04:41 schrieb Jason Wood:
> > It works, but is not yet feature-complete. In particular, you cannot
> > delete a marker once you have placed it (although you can Ctrl-Z to undo
> > placement of the marker).
> >
> > Basically, you can :
> >
> > 1. Select the "marker" tool
> > 2. click on a clip to place a marker.
> > 3. After going back to the move tool, dragging clips around will snap to
> > the markers as well as to the edges of clips, etc. Most importantly,
> > markers will snap to other markers.
> >
> > What still needs to be done :
> >
> > 1. being able to delete markers (I am thinking Ctrl-clicking on them with
> > the marker tool, and a "clear all markers" option in the menu somewhere.
> >
> > 2. Accurate positioning of markers - I think that a new action in the
> > menu is needed to place a marker at the current seek position.
> >
> > 3. Markers on the timeline itself, and markers in the clip monitor. I
> > think that setting markers via the clip monitor would be an intuitive way
> > to set them (perhaps making obsolete the marker tool that I have
> > semi-implemented?)
> >
> > Is there anything else you can think of? Please have a play around with
> > what is there and let me know what you think, how else it could be
> > better, etc.
>
> Cool, I will checkout, but right now piave failed to start up ... please
> see the attached log file.
>
> greetings
> Reinhard

Erm, before I reply, did I just accept this message with a 450K log to be
posted to everybody on the list? If I did, sorry.

The log does not say much except that piave cannot listen on it's port. This
normally means that an instance of piave from a previous run of kdenlive is
still running, or that an instance of piave has recently crashed (in which
case it takes a minute or so for the port to free itself).

try doing :

kill -9 piave

wait a minute or two,

and then restart kdenlive.

In the meantime, I will persist the "ignore messages" setting in the debug
window when exiting kdenlive so that we can get meaningful logs if something
really is going wrong with piave on first connection.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood