[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive cvs bugfixes...

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Thu Nov 27 10:37:39 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 26.11.03 22:00:17:

> I have committed some bug-fixes to cvs that bring it into a reasonable state -
> it does not always have the desired behaviour, but I have fixed all
> crash-bugs

seems to work fine so far.

> Save/load almost certainly does not work at the  moment.
>
> I am in the mood for reducing the number of feature requests on sourceforge a
> little, and in particular I think I have a neat idea on how to implement this
> one:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=666334&group_id=46786&atid=447363
>
> Basically, what we need is a tool that specifies additional "snap to grid"
> points on clips and perhaps the timeline.
>
> So, in order to drag one clip to an exact location in relation to another :
>
> 1. Find the position of interest on the first clip, and mark it as a snap
> point.
> 2. Find the position of interest on the second clip and mark it as a snap
> point.
> 3. you can now drag the two clips, and in the same way that end points already
> react, the snap points will snap together.
>
> As an extra bonus, you will be able to snap anything that normally would snap
> to these marks - at the moment, that is end points, the current seek time,
> and in the future it will include key frames.
>
> There will be an extra tool for adding and removing these marks.
>
> What do people think?
>
> Cheers,
> Jason

cool, I like it, but why should this markers to be removeable?

First I would like to "see" this frames at this positions (would be helpful to locate the appropriate frame), which would require to have monitors to handle that .
So, the markers could be visible _only_ if this monitors would be activated ....

... but, wait .... btw - do you want to use just two of this markers or should it be possible to specify several snap points?

greetings
Reinhard