[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive cvs bugfixes...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 20:58:53 UTC 2003

I have committed some bug-fixes to cvs that bring it into a reasonable state -
it does not always have the desired behaviour, but I have fixed all
crash-bugs

Save/load almost certainly does not work at the  moment.

I am in the mood for reducing the number of feature requests on sourceforge a
little, and in particular I think I have a neat idea on how to implement this
one:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=666334&group_id=46786&atid=447363

Basically, what we need is a tool that specifies additional "snap to grid"
points on clips and perhaps the timeline.

So, in order to drag one clip to an exact location in relation to another :

1. Find the position of interest on the first clip, and mark it as a snap
point.
2. Find the position of interest on the second clip and mark it as a snap
point.
3. you can now drag the two clips, and in the same way that end points already
react, the snap points will snap together.

As an extra bonus, you will be able to snap anything that normally would snap
to these marks - at the moment, that is end points, the current seek time,
and in the future it will include key frames.

There will be an extra tool for adding and removing these marks.

What do people think?

Cheers,
Jason

--