[Kdenlive-devel] Kdenlive cvs bugfixes...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 13:46:39 UTC 2003

On Thursday 27 Nov 2003 10:37 am, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 26.11.03 22:00:17:
> > Basically, what we need is a tool that specifies additional "snap to
> > grid" points on clips and perhaps the timeline.
> >
> > So, in order to drag one clip to an exact location in relation to another
> > :
> >
> > 1. Find the position of interest on the first clip, and mark it as a snap
> > point.
> > 2. Find the position of interest on the second clip and mark it as a snap
> > point.
> > 3. you can now drag the two clips, and in the same way that end points
> > already react, the snap points will snap together.
> >
> > As an extra bonus, you will be able to snap anything that normally would
> > snap to these marks - at the moment, that is end points, the current seek
> > time, and in the future it will include key frames.
> >
> > There will be an extra tool for adding and removing these marks.
> >
> > What do people think?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jason
>
> cool, I like it, but why should this markers to be removeable?

The markers would be there so that you can snap to (or "bookmark", seems like
an appropriate word) a frame on a clip, or a time on the timeline. I don't
seen any reason to limit the number of "bookmarks", but it does mean that at
some point you will probably want to remove one or two of them :-)

> First I would like to "see" this frames at this positions (would be helpful
> to locate the appropriate frame), which would require to have monitors to
> handle that . So, the markers could be visible _only_ if this monitors
> would be activated ....

I am not sure where this fits in at t he moment... I could make it so that
selecting a marker brings it up in the clip monitor (or timeline monitor, for
markers associated with the timeline) Does this go far enough?

> ... but, wait .... btw - do you want to use just two of this markers or
> should it be possible to specify several snap points?

I am thinking that you should be able to set as many markers as you wish.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood