[Kdenlive-devel] Debian support

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 20:23:58 UTC 2003

On Sunday 09 Nov 2003 7:45 pm, liebrand at apollo.nu wrote:
> > Well, we are definitely getting closer to an answer here.
>
> Thats what I was thinking ;-)
>
> The config.h does indeed get generated, but it seems to be lacking a few
> settings. I'm guessing that my setup just doesn't have a few bits that it
> is needing. I've attached the config.h. Notice how I've added three lines
> at the top to make it build. I'm absolutely unsure about the
> SIZEOF_SF_COUNT_T one, but i could choose between 4 and 8, so why not 8 ;-)

OK, getting much closer now. There is more than one config.h file - in
particular, it is the config.h in /plugins/iostream/sndfile/libsndfile

And on further inspection, it is not being generated by the ./configure script
for some reason. Hmmm.... I'm a bit unfamiliar with the ./configure scripts
in this respect. Rolf, any idea?

> Basically the next thing it's complaining about is
> pgrab.cc:220: error: `assert' undeclared (first use this function)

This is simple enough to fix - #include <assert.h> at the top of the file. I
have just fallen over this myself after reinstalling mandrake :-)

> Btw. I reckon an IRC channel for kdenlive would be a good idea... you could
> just log it (you have adsl?), and pluck FAQs from it.. just an idea

Unfortunately, I'm still on a 56K modem :-) It does sound like a good idea
though.

Cheers,
Jason

--