[Kdenlive-devel] transitions

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Mon May 19 10:41:16 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 19.05.03 11:48:47:
> > There is a third solution which I am thinking of, sort of a cross between
> > the above two ideas, in which a transition would be 'drawn' across multiple
> > tracks (I envisage it as a translucent blue rectangle spanning multuiple
> > clips). This would have the advantage of allowing the transition to touch
> > multiple tracks, but might be complicated to use, I am not sure yet.

Maybe this could be done by a "Transition tool"?

> I like this idea _very_ much. I think it would be pretty easy to use, and even
> more intuitive than the usual "effect-track". Just make sure, that the tracks
> and the shaded 'transition-overlay-rectangle' have nice mouse handles to
> select/drag/resize them.

Okay, I like the idea too, but here comes just another idea.

What you guys thinking about a "build-in transparency curve" for every clip?

e.g.:
starting with 2 clips in 2 separate tracks, slightly overlapping.
Now select the two clips (or maybe _all_ clips you want to incorporate into this transition action), move the upper corner of the first clip to left - the upper corner of the other clip(s) should follow automatically - to create the transition.

[advantage]
It doesn't matter if the clips are located in ajacent tracks; just select them first.
It's similar to the "fading audio clips into another" action.

[DISADVANTAGE]
Maybe it's hard to recognice which clips are involved within this transition.
I'm not sure how to add a new clip to an existing transition.

greetings
Reinhard