[Kdenlive-devel] CVS update

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Tue Mar 11 21:50:28 UTC 2003

Am Sonntag 09 März 2003 12:56 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> On Saturday 08 Mar 2003 9:01 am, booker wrote:
> > Am Samstag 01 März 2003 02:10 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have just committed a new update to kdenlive to CVS. The most
> > > important change :
> >
> > Hi,
> > nice to know you back at work! :-)
>
> Heh, well it was work (as in a new job) that has shortened the amount of
> time I have to develop :-) But I have almost sorted myself out now.

Good! :-)

> > > Export timeline works again! (i.e. you can render).
> >
> > Fine, seems to work, but no sound!
> > Neither when playing back in preview monitor, nor during timeline
> > playback. But it works using kino.
> > I mean ... using kino I can hear the audio of the exported and the
> > original clip.
>
> Hmmm, not sure what is causing this - I still get sound here. I would
> suspect the problem is something to do with piave running through artsdsp
> (so that all piave instances can get the soundcard at the same time). Does
> pplay (in piave utils) run on your computer at the moment? If it does, try
> running it first on it's own, and then through artsdsp and let me know if
> sound works.

Right now I was able to solve the problem.
libdv is to blame for it ... I re-installed the version that comes with the
mandrake distro, re-compiled piave and kdenlive and now it works .... but
audio and video still isn't in sync.

> > > Play around with the interface a bit, and let me know what is the most
> > > important thing (from a timeline-editing tools perspective) to add
> > > next. So, in/out points, improved razor tool, copy and paste, play by
> > > pressing space, etc. Which should I do first ? ;-)
> >
> > Personally I would like to have some keyboard shortcuts first, because
> > this would help during testing the functionallity.
> >
> > Also a pause functionallity would be nice to have.
> > Pressing play (space) to toggle between play and pause (timeline) ?
> > In monitor section it could be alt+space ?
>
> Ok, I'll look into keyboard shortcuts next. Would you like to come up with
> a list of other keyboard shortcuts you think would be useful? Limit it to
> things that can already be done in the interface for the moment ;-)

Ok, here are some general suggestions:

- SPACE to toggle between play/pause

- LEFT ARROW/RIGHT ARROW to move frames backwards/forward.
Enhancement:
ctrl + l/r arrow to move 10 frames
shift + l/r arrow to move 1 second

- home/end to jump to first/last frame of the project
Enhancement:
ctrl + home/end to move to next clip border on the left/right side.

hhhmmmmm .... maybe we have a problem here, because I don't know if this
actions refer to the timeline or preview section?

Maybe the best solution would be to give the user the choice to define his
preferred actions?
Especially because of the fact that kdenlive will be translated into many
other languages.

greetings
Reinhard