[Kdenlive-devel] CVS update

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Mar 9 11:56:30 UTC 2003

On Saturday 08 Mar 2003 9:01 am, booker wrote:
> Am Samstag 01 März 2003 02:10 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just committed a new update to kdenlive to CVS. The most important
> > change :
>
> Hi,
> nice to know you back at work! :-)

Heh, well it was work (as in a new job) that has shortened the amount of time
I have to develop :-) But I have almost sorted myself out now.

> > Export timeline works again! (i.e. you can render).
>
> Fine, seems to work, but no sound!
> Neither when playing back in preview monitor, nor during timeline playback.
> But it works using kino.
> I mean ... using kino I can hear the audio of the exported and the original
> clip.

Hmmm, not sure what is causing this - I still get sound here. I would suspect
the problem is something to do with piave running through artsdsp (so that
all piave instances can get the soundcard at the same time). Does pplay (in
piave utils) run on your computer at the moment? If it does, try running it
first on it's own, and then through artsdsp and let me know if sound works.

> > Play around with the interface a bit, and let me know what is the most
> > important thing (from a timeline-editing tools perspective) to add next.
> > So, in/out points, improved razor tool, copy and paste, play by pressing
> > space, etc. Which should I do first ? ;-)
>
> Personally I would like to have some keyboard shortcuts first, because this
> would help during testing the functionallity.
>
> Also a pause functionallity would be nice to have.
> Pressing play (space) to toggle between play and pause (timeline) ?
> In monitor section it could be alt+space ?

Ok, I'll look into keyboard shortcuts next. Would you like to come up with a
list of other keyboard shortcuts you think would be useful? Limit it to
things that can already be done in the interface for the moment ;-)

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood