[Kdenlive-devel] Preparing for 0.2.3

Jason Wood jwood at climax.co.uk
Tue Jul 29 09:37:17 UTC 2003

Not much, normally :-) That's why I was trying to package piave as well.

For what it's worth, the few places where I have seen other people packaging
kdenlive, they do package both kdenlive and piave.

When I tried to make RPM's, I also made sure that piave was a dependecy.

> Probably people don't realy understand that they need piave
> too. Is there a warning window when kdenlive doesn't find piave?

I think that I added one, but I would need to check to make sure. I think
this is
certainly something that should go into 0.2.3 if it doesn't already exist.

> I'll get back to the .rpm issue. I need two rpms for piave anyway
> (normal and -devel). I guess if I figure out how to do it on
> RH it'll be easy
> on mdrk. debian packages are easy anyway.

If it is of any help, one of the places that I found RPM's for
kdenlive/piave :

http://littletux.ods.org/~guillaume/rpms.html

Has the .spec files for download. I don't know what they are like though.

Cheers,
Jason