[Kdenlive-devel] Inpoints/outpoints, problem I need to tackle.

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Sat Jul 19 14:25:48 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 17.07.03 22:21:40:

> Hmmm....
>
> I've got a little problem that needs to be solved in order to get
> inpoints/outpoints working correctly.
>
> One of the ways in which I want to be able to add clips to the timeline is as
> follows :
>
> 1. You select a clip so that it appears in the clip monitor.
> 2. You set the in and out points for the clip you want.
> 3. You drag the clip from the clip monitor to the timeline, where it is
> automatically set up to start/end in the correct places.
>
> It's this last step that's tricky :-)
>
> The problem stems from the fact that kdenlive does not receive mouse and
> keyboard clicks that occur on the area of the screen owned by piave. I have a
> few thoughts on how to solve this :
>
> Idea 1 : .....

Hi,

unfortunatelly I don't have a solution for your problem, but maybe you can use this suggestion as a workaround?
So let me explain my favorite workflow I would like to use, because it could be a way do edit movies with maybe no need to use the mouse, or just few times, to drag something around, but please be warned ... this is just my personal dream of how to edit movies ;-)

To Rolf: There is also a thread in the german AIST forum, so maybe this would be helpful for you to understand this concern better if my english description below is too bad. ;-)
http://www.vegasvideo.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=221&sid=242876e668a7fe1d0fb0bdbdf3e53419

Maybe this kinf of workflow could be called as "kontextive editing"...
(All mentioned shortcuts above are just a mix of my personal favorites I use within MoviePack V6 and some other I would like to have in the future ...)

- First it is nesessary to specify a destination point and a track in the timeline; within MoviePack I simply press the "T" on the keyboard to activate the timeline for example.
The timeline could have two areas; the Tracks area on the left side and the other area on the right side that contain the video and audio objekts (Objekts area) and later on the effects, titler,.... which could be toggled by using the "TAB" key.
- To choose the active track, I would like to hold the "TAB" key and press the up or down arrow to navigate to the track I want to insert the clip.
- Now it is time to press "TAB" to activate the objekt area and position the timeline cursor at the place you want to insert the clip.
- Choose a clip to be trimmed in the clip "B"rowser .... right, I use "B" within MoviePack ;-)
- Activate the clip Monitor by pressing "M" and trim the clip by set the "I"n and "O"ut points.
- And finally hit .... hhmmmm ....  "ENTER" ??? or "INS" ??? ..... maybe purely a matter of taste?!?

Ok, that's it .... just as I said ... maybe almost no need to use the mouse ... RFC

greetings
Reinhard