[Kdenlive-devel] Inpoints/outpoints, problem I need to tackle.

Rolf Dubitzky R.Dubitzky at Physik.Tu-Dresden.de
Tue Jul 22 08:32:42 UTC 2003

On Monday 21 July 2003 23:53, Jason Wood wrote:
> I have now, and I like X more than ever :-)

;-)

> It's a one liner to set these so that piave ignores all keyboard/mouse
> See above - no, piave simply has to say "I don't want to handle keyboard
> and mouse events, please pass them to my parent window". The change I have
> made is quite literally a one liner :-)

perfect.

> XSelectInput( _sysWMinfo.info.x11.display, _sysWMinfo.info.x11.window,
> ExposureMask);
>
> This resets the event_mask on piave's window so that it only responds to
> Exposure events, and thus ignores mouse and keyboard events.

pretty easy.

> Unless you see any problems with this, I'll commit the change when I commit
> the relevant changes to kdenlive. There is a very good chance that this
> will be sometime this week, I'm not at work :-)

yeah, sure. If you feel comfortable with the patch and it syncs piave with
kdenlive, commit it to the CVS HEAD. (don't forget to update AUTHORS ;-)

> > Eventually we need to draw points an boxes on the monitor which need to
> > be dragged around to position PicInPics and Text and paths for moving
> > effects, etc. all this needs a lot of mouse action and surely needs to be
> > handled by kdenlive.
>
> I agree - I think there may be some trouble when it comes to handling the
> visuals for editing pic-in-pics and text, etc. but that is a seperate
> issue. (My thoughts on this - I don't believe it should be up to piave to
> display control points, etc. on top of it's image, this should be
> controlled by piave. Now, exactly how we put kdenlive control points over
> the top of piave's image is a difficult question to answer.

right, but fortunately there are enough things to do before we get there ;-)

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky          http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky
 e-mail:         Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik dot TU-Dresden dot de