[Kdenlive-devel] xine-lib & non DV video

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Thu Jan 30 09:50:47 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 29 January 2003 09:37 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Wednesday 29 Jan 2003 6:47 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:

> Depending on who you consider to hae the best framework, I guess it is best
> to help one of the major attempts to reach our required level of maturity
> rather than trying to write something from scratch.

I definitely disagree, I'll not spend my time to develop GStreamer or xine.
This is a multi-year project.

> Seriously though, I will help any way I can, but for the next couple of
> weeks, my time is going to be quite limited, and I have a lol of catching
> up to do with the UI as it is.

sure ;-)

> For our next release, we can still release with multiple file format
> support even if the number of formats is very limited. As long as the
> framework is correct, the addition of more formats is simply a matter of
> time.

simple? ;-)   Well, I guess with the lav2yuv example and my (poor) knowledge
of libavcoded, I might at least be able to get mpeg/divx to work. A more
generic solution based on a framework (xine/gstreamer/...) will just have to
wait till those guys get their job done.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/