[Kdenlive-devel] MjpegTools Export module...

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jan 24 10:08:43 UTC 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 06:19 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> - Some general options
> - Video specific options
> - Audio specific options.
>
> Where for things such as avi and quicktime, video and audio probably have a
> "choose your codec" option, and then internally to that we have the options
> specific to the codec.

exactly.

> Some formats might have more options (are there any formats which allow
> multiple video/audio streams?)

sure, avi does. but ...

> and some might have less (e.g. saving as a
> sequence of pictures would not have either a video or audio section) but I
> think that they all fit into a similar pattern.

Are you thinking of something like this? Where the two lower boxes show the
parameters available for the selected file format.
 _________________________________
| _______________________________ |
|| output:                       ||
||     rawdv, avi, mpeg          ||
||_______________________________||
| ______________  _______________ |
|| (video cod)  || (audio cod)   ||
||  - params    ||  - params     ||
||  - params    ||  - params     ||
||  - params    ||  - params     ||
||______________||_______________||
|_________________________________|

> Ok, but I would like to keep it GUI-non-specific. So, boolean instead of
> checkbox, list instead of radio box, that kind of thing.

ok. that's good.

> I have not yet
> decided how to display the dialog box, but that should be up to kdenlive's
> interpretation of the information passed, rather than encoded into the
> renderer.

exactly.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/