[Kdenlive-devel] MjpegTools Export module...

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 21 21:05:41 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 09:59 pm, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > While editing the timeline, kdenlive calls
> > (one or more) piave processes. I think it would be the best to call a
> > seperate piave processes to do the final rendering. This process may or
> > may not (user defined) terminate when kdenlive terminates.
>
> Hum, more difficult...

if we have mjpegtools output plugin, this will work automaticly.

> >  We want to keep the option to use more than one processor/computer. You
> > would split up the final project in as many seperate chunks as you have
> > processors and merge the output of all piave processes afterwards.
>
> OK. I thinking like this :
>
> - Making a MjpegTools independant dialogbox who works with a final exported
> DV file (on the first time).
> - Tested like this...

I am not sure I understand. What would the dialog box do?

> - Integrated this dialog box in Kdenlive Export menu.
> - Tested again...
> - Add an option for use PIAVE YUV video flux.
> - Tested...

I think that is not the way kdenlive works. kdenlive will ask the renderer for
it's capabilities, and then provide the necessary dialogs on the fly. If I
understand Jason correctly, there will be _no_ static dialogs which dpend on
any specific tool like piave or mjpegtools.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/