[Kdenlive-devel] MjpegTools Export module...

CAULIER Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Tue Jan 21 20:59:05 UTC 2003

Le Mardi 21 Janvier 2003 21:29, Rolf Dubitzky a écrit :
> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 09:12 pm, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > As I'm a MjpegTools contributor, I want create a MJpegTools export module
> > for Kdenlive. Some features :
>
> great!
>
> > PAL, SECAM, NTSC video format can be create like this. It's very easy to
> > make this with MjpegTools.
>
> You will have to create an output plugin for piave. If mjpegtools can take
> YUYV (YUV422) encoded video frames

Yes, it can...

> , this will be pretty easy. (As soon as I
> finished the latest changes :)
>
> > Question : because the MPEG time encoding is very long, this module must
> > be an integrated GUI in internal or external of kdenlive ?
>
> In my opinion, this should be integrated with kdenlive, after all it will
> just be a "render it" button.

OK

> While editing the timeline, kdenlive calls
> (one or more) piave processes. I think it would be the best to call a
> seperate piave processes to do the final rendering. This process may or may
> not (user defined) terminate when kdenlive terminates.

Hum, more difficult...

>  We want to keep the option to use more than one processor/computer. You
> would split up the final project in as many seperate chunks as you have
> processors and merge the output of all piave processes afterwards.

OK. I thinking like this :

- Making a MjpegTools independant dialogbox who works with a final exported DV
file (on the first time).
- Tested like this...
- Integrated this dialog box in Kdenlive Export menu.
- Tested again...
- Add an option for use PIAVE YUV video flux.
- Tested...

What do you think about...

Gilles