[Kdenlive-devel] MjpegTools Export module...

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 23 16:20:54 UTC 2003

Third time I've tried to send this, I have been experiencing some problem with
my email recently.

On Tuesday 21 Jan 2003 9:05 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 21 January 2003 09:59 pm, CAULIER Gilles wrote:
> > - Integrated this dialog box in Kdenlive Export menu.
> > - Tested again...
> > - Add an option for use PIAVE YUV video flux.
> > - Tested...
>
> I think that is not the way kdenlive works. kdenlive will ask the renderer
> for it's capabilities, and then provide the necessary dialogs on the fly.
> If I understand Jason correctly, there will be _no_ static dialogs which
> dpend on any specific tool like piave or mjpegtools.

That is correct. Consider what happens if/when Piave suddenly gains support
for EffecTV plugins - if all dialogs were static, I'd need to code 30 or 40
new dialogs for each effect.

File formats are all very similar to each other (as in, they all take very
similar parameters). There is no reason why saving to DV needs to be a
completely different dialog class from saving to DIVX, VCD or DVD format.

I appreciate that there is *no* dialog for exporting files in kdenlive at the
moment - I'm working on it ;-)

Since we are working on file formats at the moment, I think now is a good time
to see what kind of capabilities and parameters will be needed for the
various import/export functions. I have limited knowledge in the parameters
that can be set for the various video fromats, so I need help in this area to
come up with a specification that works :-)

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood