[Kdenlive-devel] Roadmap for the next version

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 14 18:11:49 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 January 2003 05:31 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Improved clip tools
> * Spacer should move clips

yes, that's good.

> * Razor should have the ability to chop the entire timeline

How about choping the entire timeline when you click on the ruler?

> * Snap to seek marker should be implemented.

good idea.

> Improved Timelist
> * Mouse wheel support

ohhh, my beloved wheel... ;-)
BTW, my mouse has 7 buttons (where 4 and 5 are the wheel) does anybody know
how to activate the 6th and 7th button? I need a very new XFree, or?

> * When dragging with the mouse off the side of the timeline, the view
> should scroll.

ah, also very good.  Another thing, when stepping with the buttons of the
monitor, or with the wheel in the window, the seek marker disapears at the
end of the timeline. It would be cool if the timeline wouldmove instead.

> Render Progress
> * Displays progress bar when render is in progress. (requires VEML
> communication)

Isn't it enought what PIAVE already sends?

> File Format Support
> * Querying for file formats, specifying file formats (requires VEML
> communication)
>
> GetCapabilities
> * Return some simple capabilities, such as whether or not snap to frame is
> an option,

I can maybe send some general capabilies. Everything that's connected to
formats or effects will have to wait until the plugin framework is working,
since everything will change then and I don't want to do double work.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/