[Kdenlive-devel] Roadmap for the next version

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 16:31:21 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am looking at updating the roadmap on the kdenlive website.

Here is a feature list of what I think we should accomplish for the next
version, from the discussions that we have had so far on the list.

Note that I have broken down kdenlive's list a lot since I know the code
better and what is involved. Most of the items are relatively small, but time
consuming.

Kdenlive
-----------

Fully featured monitor support
* Clip Monitor
* Workspace Monitor

Improved clip tools
* Spacer should move clips
* Razor should have the ability to chop the entire timeline
* More tools as and when people suggest them.

Improved snap-to support
* Clips should not be allowed to start at a frame < 0
* Snap to seek marker should be implemented.

File Format Support
* Render dialog with export file type support
* Project settings dialog - choose frame rate, etc to work in,

Improved Timelist
* Mouse wheel support
* When dragging with the mouse off the side of the timeline, the view should
scroll.

Piave
------

* Multiple file format support (major refactoring required)

Both
-----

Render Progress
* Displays progress bar when render is in progress. (requires VEML
communication)

File Format Support
* Querying for file formats, specifying file formats (requires VEML
communication)

GetCapabilities
* Return some simple capabilities, such as whether or not snap to frame is an
option,

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason