[Kdenlive-devel] Roadmap for the next version

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 14 18:40:57 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 Jan 2003 6:11 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 January 2003 05:31 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > * Razor should have the ability to chop the entire timeline
>
> How about choping the entire timeline when you click on the ruler?

This is tempting, but I am slightly worried - by clicking the ruler to cut the
entire timeline, it means that you cannot move the ruler marker around whilst
the razor tool is selected - I am not sure I like this idea.

> > Improved Timelist
> > * Mouse wheel support
>
> ohhh, my beloved wheel... ;-)
> BTW, my mouse has 7 buttons (where 4 and 5 are the wheel) does anybody know
> how to activate the 6th and 7th button? I need a very new XFree, or?

I am pretty sure you can, but I have never had a mouse with 7 buttons, so I
have not looked into it. I think that if you do a google search you should
find something though.

> > * When dragging with the mouse off the side of the timeline, the view
> > should scroll.
>
> ah, also very good.  Another thing, when stepping with the buttons of the
> monitor, or with the wheel in the window, the seek marker disapears at the
> end of the timeline. It would be cool if the timeline wouldmove instead.

Ok, that should not be too difficult.

> > Render Progress
> > * Displays progress bar when render is in progress. (requires VEML
> > communication)
>
> Isn't it enought what PIAVE already sends?

Erm, yes it is. Sorry, didn't realise that you had implemented it.

> > File Format Support
> > * Querying for file formats, specifying file formats (requires VEML
> > communication)
> >
> > GetCapabilities
> > * Return some simple capabilities, such as whether or not snap to frame
> > is an option,
>
> I can maybe send some general capabilies. Everything that's connected to
> formats or effects will have to wait until the plugin framework is working,
> since everything will change then and I don't want to do double work.

That's fine, I am going to be working on the monitor in the meantime.

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Wood