[Kdenlive-devel] Why <insert favouarte video editor here> is rubbish

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jan 11 20:25:29 UTC 2003

On Saturday 11 Jan 2003 4:10 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> What about this two topics below I've mentioned some days ago?
>
> > I would love to have the possibility to show the In AND the
> > Out frame side by
> > side in the trim-window, because this is a feature I've
> > missed in every nle I
> > had tested so far.
>
> Also this could be the window to show the actual frame during moving the
> beginning or end of a clip?

I can see the use, I am wondering about the performance costs though - this
might be easy to implement around about the same time that we add previews
images to clips on the timeline.

> > MoviePack (not sure if MovieDV too) has another similar tool.
> > When opened, two colored (red and blue I think) rhombuses
> > appear in the
> > timeline and user can drag them around.
> > Users are able to perform cut actions on this positions as
> > well as syncing the
> > two rhombuses to each other.
> > For example: when syncing red with blue the frame of the red
> > rhomb will
>
> Not this frame only ... also the rest of the clip will follow ;-)

I am not sure what you mean - is there a chance that you could send me a
screenshot of MoviePack, or a mock-screenshot with kdenlive to show me what
you mean?

Cheers,
Jason

--