[Kdenlive-devel] Why <insert favouarte video editor here> is rubbish

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Sat Jan 11 20:57:26 UTC 2003

Am Samstag 11 Januar 2003 09:25 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> On Saturday 11 Jan 2003 4:10 pm, Reinhard Amersberger wrote:
> > > MoviePack (not sure if MovieDV too) has another similar tool.
> > > When opened, two colored (red and blue I think) rhombuses
> > > appear in the
> > > timeline and user can drag them around.
> > > Users are able to perform cut actions on this positions as
> > > well as syncing the
> > > two rhombuses to each other.
> > > For example: when syncing red with blue the frame of the red
> > > rhomb will
> >
> > Not this frame only ... also the rest of the clip will follow ;-)
>
> I am not sure what you mean - is there a chance that you could send me a
> screenshot of MoviePack, or a mock-screenshot with kdenlive to show me what
> you mean?

Yes, I will work on that.

btw - here are some more wishes/suggestions that could make the testing more
pleasant:

- Hit the spacebar to start/pause/stop playback would be VERY comfortable IMHO

- Use the left arrow and the right arrow to step frames backward/forward.
When holding the ctrl key in addition, then it could be do steps of 10 frames
and finally holding the shift key in addition = 1 second steps?

- Holding the left or right arrow could initialize playback too, but just as
long as one of the arrows keeps being pressed.

- Press Home/End to jump to the beginning/end of the project

greetings
Reinhard