[Kdenlive-devel] Why <insert favouarte video editor here> is rubbish

Reinhard Amersberger protux at web.de
Sat Jan 11 16:10:51 UTC 2003

kdenlive-devel at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 10.01.03 14:53:20:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to start asking some people I know who have experience of using
> various video editors, specifically people who know nothing about software
> development :-)
>
> The question I ask is "Can you tell me the top five (well, top whatever)
> things you dislike about <that person's favourate editor>? Things that it
> does that you wish it didn't, things that it doesn't do you wish it did..."
>
> I'll post the results as I get them here, with comentary, it would be great if
> other people can do the same. The idea is, find out what other editors do
> badly, and then do it properly in kdenlive ;-)

What about this two topics below I've mentioned some days ago?

> I would love to have the possibility to show the In AND the
> Out frame side by
> side in the trim-window, because this is a feature I've
> missed in every nle I
> had tested so far.

Also this could be the window to show the actual frame during moving the beginning or end of a clip?

> MoviePack (not sure if MovieDV too) has another similar tool.
> When opened, two colored (red and blue I think) rhombuses
> appear in the
> timeline and user can drag them around.
> Users are able to perform cut actions on this positions as
> well as syncing the
> two rhombuses to each other.
> For example: when syncing red with blue the frame of the red
> rhomb will

Not this frame only ... also the rest of the clip will follow ;-)

> displaced to the position of the blue one ... this means when
> assuming the
> red one was placed at 2.0 and the blue at 3.0 the red one
> will be displaced
> to 3.0

... also the red one at 2.01 (assusming frames will be shown here) will be displaced to 3.01 and so on ... ;-)

greetings
Reinhard