[Kdenlive-devel] 0.0.3?

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sat Jan 11 16:37:22 UTC 2003

On Saturday 11 January 2003 05:27 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> On Saturday 11 Jan 2003 2:16 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I committed the last changes to CVS. If it works for you I'd call them
> > 0.0.3 and make a new release. Are there problems?
> >
> > New in piave:
> > ----------------
> >
> > - render command
>
> Very cool, works great for me!
>
> What we need now is a message to be sent to kdenlive to alert it to the
> rendering progress.

I don;t understand, what kind of message do you mean?

> I haven't checked to see what piave does if the timeline is modified whilst
> a render is in progress

NOthing, because as long as the rendering is in progress, piave will not
process any other command. Well, there are three types of commands
"standard", "drop", and "priority". <seek> is a "drop"-type. all other are
standard. there is no priority command at the moment. Priority commands would
even be process ed during rendering (it's a sperate thread).

> Ok, In response, kdenlive now tracks the play position (i.e. the marker
> follows playing).
>
> If I have coded it correctly, Piave should _not_ be recieiving any seek
> commands from kdenlive during playing, unless you manually move the slider
> (i.e. click and drag it). Please let me know if this is not the case, as it
> will probably cause nasty stuttering.
>
> > - option '-a' for full size display (will become VEML eventually )
>
> We should at some point discuss how this will all work. In particular, I
> think it would be better if piave chose it's mode based upon a VEML
> "Quality" option and the current window size, rather than having a specific
> setting for "use fuill or half size".

sure. this commandline option is only for testing. there are three sizes
involved:
- full size
   given by the video source
- render size
   this is the resolution the effects will be rendered in. While editing it's
   good enough to have this at full size/2.  For final rendering it must of
   course be full size.
- display size.
   right now this is by defaul full/2. There should be some dialog box to
   select 100% 75% 50% 25%   and also I should make the video window honor
   resize events, so that you can have any display size by just resizeing the
   window. I think hat shouldnot be too dificult.

> Piave still appears to crash if /dev/dsp is inaccessible (as it is quite
> often on my computer).

Hmm.. I'll have to think about that.... can you maybe start piave with artsdsp
by default? Would that help?

> Hmm, I was thinking of using the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. Perhaps
> this needs to be configurable?

Yes, zooming with the wheel works. ... maybe you could make it an option or
make the timeline and the ruler behave different, i.e. scrolling the wheel on
the ruler zooms and in the timeline seeks?

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/