[Kdenlive-devel] GUI

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Wed Jan 8 22:06:20 UTC 2003

Am Montag 30 Dezember 2002 08:49 nachmittags/abends schrieb Jason Wood:
> > > This all needs discussion, I am a little unsure as to the best way to
> > > handle the monitor from this point on. The way I see it, there are two
> > > possibilities
> > >
> > > 1. Have the monitor have two modes. In one mode, it displays the entire
> > > timeline for previewing purposes. IN the other mode, it only shows the
> > > currently selected clip, which can be trimmed and dragged to the
> > > timeline.
> > >
> > > 2. Have a separate monitor for each mode.
> > >
> > > Which do people prefer? Are there any other options?

I think there will be several modes in the end, but that's not too bad,
because this should be easy to handle when saving and loading of different
layouts is possible.
So what about using 'ctrl+Fn' to save a layout and simply pressing 'Fn' to
load a layout?
Isn't that easy to handle?

Because at the moment I can think of having just this modes:

- Timeline preview
position the timeline cursor and hit <SPACE> to start play back from this
position ...

- Trim
Select a file in the project list or a cip in the timeline and set in/out or
start play back ...

- Workplace
This is like in MovieDV and show the frame at timeline cursor position with
applied effects.
But here you can also do all positioning stuff just like creating graphics
with the gimp in multiple layers.
For example:
So, when the title clip in the timeline is selected, the title in the
workplace is also selected an can be moved around.

greetings
Reinhard