[Kdenlive-devel] GUI

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Wed Jan 8 23:15:27 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 08 January 2003 11:06 pm, booker wrote:
> I think there will be several modes in the end, but that's not too bad,
> because this should be easy to handle when saving and loading of different
> layouts is possible.
> So what about using 'ctrl+Fn' to save a layout and simply pressing 'Fn' to
> load a layout?
> Isn't that easy to handle?

No, I don'tthe user should have to manually switch this mode (if you like to
call it that way). The mointor window should display the correct controls
depending on what the user is just doing. E.g. if I select a clip in the
timeline, I want to see markers for in- and outpoint in the monitor slider,
but if I select more than just a clip (maybe the while project) they should
disapear.

BTW, another thing I'm going to add the next revision is a reply to <play>

  <reply command="play" status="playing"/>

Every frame piave will send:

  <playing time="123.456"/>

or

 <reply command="play" status="playing" time="123.456"/>

whichever you like better (I'd vote for the short option)

and after the scene is played, I'll send:

 <reply command="play" status="stopped" time="123.456"/>

Also play will start playing at a start point and till a stop:

 <play speed="1.0" start="12.34" stop="23.45"/>

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/