[Kdenlive-devel] GUI

booker r.aberg at t-online.de
Wed Jan 8 22:06:25 UTC 2003

Am Freitag 03 Januar 2003 11:05 vormittags schrieb Jason Wood:
> On Thursday 02 Jan 2003 11:12 am, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> > Do you think it makes sense to have the first clip _not_ start at 0.00?
> > If there is no major reason to not do so, I think it would make sense to
> > define 0.00 as the starting point of the first clip. If the user wants a
> > few seconds of black before the first clip starts, he can still insert it
> > explicitly.
>
> The main reason would be if you are editing your project non-linearly. For
> instance, let's say that I start editing somehwere in the middle of the
> project, I would not bother lining it up with the 0:00.00 mark. When I have
> finished with the middle section, I will just move it to the right on the
> timeline to get it out of the way, and then start work on the title
> sequence.
>
> If you edit like this (using the timeline as a temporarty workspace, as
> well as for the final edit), then having to specifically specify areas of
> black will feel quite awkward - and I do edit like this ;-)

So what about using something like I would call it 'Sub Projects' ?
In your case you will start editing with 'YourProject_middle_section', but
could work on the 'YourProject_title_section' whenever you want.
And finally there could be another timeline-mode in which user could be able
to arrange all 'Sub Projects' the same way as arranging movie clips?

> One feature that I do need to add though, is a "snap to 00:00.00" feature.

Yes, this would be helpful.

greetings
Reinhard