[Kdenlive-devel] Problems with SAX parsers.

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Tue Jan 7 18:14:49 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 January 2003 06:59 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm annoyed, that it seems that nobody has written a SAX parser that will
> stop Stop STOP!!!! when it reaches the end of a valid xml document, and
> none of the hacks I have tried to solve the problem have worked.

;-) You are using the Qt parser?

> But I think you was right Rolf, when very early on you said that we should
> use some form of termination signal between messages.
>
> What do you think?

And you convinced me that we can do it the nice way and use all valid XML
;-)))
I am fine with whatever termination signal. Popular one are double newline, a
dot, and XXX.  From those the only one I would suggest is the double newline,
because it is also very easy to check in the XML do you want to send that it
does not contain double newlines other than at the end.
 If that helps you, I'll fix the communication on my side to send double
newlines at the end of a message. It won't hurt anyway.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/