[Kdenlive-devel] Problems with SAX parsers.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 18:36:13 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 07 Jan 2003 6:14 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 January 2003 06:59 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm annoyed, that it seems that nobody has written a SAX parser that will
> > stop Stop STOP!!!! when it reaches the end of a valid xml document, and
> > none of the hacks I have tried to solve the problem have worked.
>
> ;-) You are using the Qt parser?

Yes. I think I am going to file a few wish list items with trolltech.

> > But I think you was right Rolf, when very early on you said that we
> > should use some form of termination signal between messages.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> And you convinced me that we can do it the nice way and use all valid XML
> ;-)))

And I hate being wrong, but not quite enough to spend the next 24 hours or so
writing my own minimalistic SAX parser to prove myself right ;-)

> I am fine with whatever termination signal. Popular one are double newline,
> a dot, and XXX.  From those the only one I would suggest is the double
> newline, because it is also very easy to check in the XML do you want to
> send that it does not contain double newlines other than at the end.
>  If that helps you, I'll fix the communication on my side to send double
> newlines at the end of a message. It won't hurt anyway.

Thanks, if you don't mind :-) I'll return the favour, it should be easier than
writing my own SAX parser.

Cheers,
Jason

--