[Kdenlive-devel] Problems with SAX parsers.

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 17:59:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm annoyed, that it seems that nobody has written a SAX parser that will stop
Stop STOP!!!! when it reaches the end of a valid xml document, and none of
the hacks I have tried to solve the problem have worked.

Here is what is happening : When kdenlive recieves multiple documents in a
single packet, it reads the first one fine. However, the SAX parser continues
to read at least one characeter passed the end of the document and then exits
with an error. I have tried to force it to stop at the end of the document by
saying that an error has occurred and various other hacks, but it  seems to
ignore me and reads a few characters on anyway.

This then means that when kdenlive tries to start the SAX parser for the next
document, it misses the first character, and then exits because the next one
is not a valid way to start an XML document. You then get a load of error
commands as it goes through the <!doctype...> message character by character,
failing each time, before it picks up again at the first tag of the next
document.

I am unsure as to why Reinhard is getting an infinte-loop, if nothing else,
the code should exit after looping however number of charcters there are in
the buffer :-) I have messed around with the code and committed something
that is slightly more "correct", so try it and see what happens.

But I think you was right Rolf, when very early on you said that we should use
some form of termination signal between messages.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Jason

--