[Kdenlive-devel] GUI

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Sun Jan 5 11:32:01 UTC 2003

On Saturday 04 January 2003 03:06 pm, Jason Wood wrote:
> Could you commit recent piave changes to CVS at the next opportunity? I
> want to test some areas of the Kdenlive communication code - specifically
> the problem with file durations not being updated correctly, and it will be
> easiest if I am using the most curernt version of piave.

Hi all,

I finally managed to commit the last changes, sorry for tghe delay. I hate
floppy discs!!!! Well.. anyway, here we go...

Since there are still many bugs in piave I have not made a new release, you
need to checkout the HEAD. Two known major bugs are:
- when the timeline does not start with a av-clip (but with an empty frame)
and you hit 'play' piave crashes.
- if you just insert and arrange clips in the timeline, everything seems to
work (even with gaps), but if you start cutting clips and rearrange them,
piave does not show what is shown in the timeline. This is probably a bug in
piave, maybe connected with unalligned clips bounds.

please check it out and describe cases where you get crashes.

Also I forgot to switch of some output. You'll get the scenelist in ASCII even
in quiet mode. OTOH, that might help to understand cases where the parsing
fails.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/