[Kdenlive-devel] Happy New Year!

Rolf Dubitzky dubitzky at pktw06.phy.tu-dresden.de
Fri Jan 3 13:57:18 UTC 2003

On Friday 03 January 2003 11:17 am, Jason Wood wrote:
> > Im working on it. ;-)  If everything works out, I might commit tomorrow.
> Cool :-)

;-) It's not yet done, but I commited a few things. If you are carfull and
don't move clips to much, you can already use it, but after a while it'll
crash on you.

> I noticed that the last time I checked out piave (a week or so ago), the
> piave application itself wasn't installed (It was disabled in the
> makefile.am) - have you changed this now?

Ooopsy, no, but I will. Thanx.

> Great. I have now committed kdenlive, it will :
>
> * Open piave itself using piave -p <port>
> * Assuming piave can be found, it will then try and connect.
> * If the process dies and kdenlive cannot connect, it will try and open
> piave again. (and again, and again and again and...) It's on a timer so it
> will only try every fifth of a second or thereabouts.

Ok, what about STDOUT  output that piave produces? There are three levels
right now:

 piave -q    level 0 ; will print out fatal ERROR messages
 piave       level 1 ; will print out also WARNING level messages
 piave -v    level 2 ; will print out also INFO level messages (a lot)

For debugging I _need_ to see all of the INFO level messages. How about I
change the options to:

 piave          level 0;
 piave -v       level 1;   verbose
 piave -d       level 2;   debug

> By luck, if you run an instance of piave from a console and start kdenlive,
> the piave process created by kdenlive will terminate (because piave won't
> be able to bind the port), but kdenlive will connect to the piave instance
> on the shell. This is the only way to receive Piave debug messages at the
> moment, since kdenlive doesn't display them.

That's great.

Cheers,
Rolf

 Rolf Dubitzky
 e-mail: Rolf.Dubitzky at Physik.TU-Dresden.de
 s-mail see http://hep.phy.tu-dresden.de/~dubitzky/