[Kdenlive-devel] Happy New Year!

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jan 3 14:45:58 UTC 2003

On Friday 03 Jan 2003 1:57 pm, Rolf Dubitzky wrote:
> Ok, what about STDOUT  output that piave produces? There are three levels
> right now:
>
>  piave -q    level 0 ; will print out fatal ERROR messages
>  piave       level 1 ; will print out also WARNING level messages
>  piave -v    level 2 ; will print out also INFO level messages (a lot)
>
> For debugging I _need_ to see all of the INFO level messages. How about I
> change the options to:
>
>  piave          level 0;
>  piave -v       level 1;   verbose
>  piave -d       level 2;   debug

I am going to add some sort of debugging window pane to catch error messages
from the render. I have already tried sending them to stdout/stderr and it is
very confusing, as they get mixed in with Kdenlive's own debugging messages.

For the moment though, I think that running piave in a terminal is the best
option for debugging purposes - as long as Kdenlive can find piave to run it,
it will start looking for a connection. I need to fix this by adding a
checkbox in the settings so you can specify whether or not kdenlive should
create it's own process, but at the moment designer-qt3 segfaults whenever I
run it on my machine :-/

Cheers,
Jason

--